Saturday, July 24, 2010

I Won't Leave This Here

God seems to be speaking so loudly to each of us on this team. His voice so much louder here than at home, or maybe its just that I'm taking the time to listen. We are in constant fellowship here. The mornings are my favorite. We wake up and have time for prayer and worship as a team. My spirit's refreshed and excited for the new day. We are consistently given opportunities throughout the day to sing and dance and spend time with our Lord. The quality time leads to a better recognition of His voice. I wonder how many opportunities I miss at home to sit and listen throughout my day. "Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for your life."
There are no distractions here. There is no interference like at home. When the Spirit is speaking but five other noises are bombarding my ears, His voice becomes muffled. The life here is led simply. Freedom from the chaos & noise I surround myself with incessantly at home. The people here spend their free time in communion with their Father, not with facebook. These people are showing me how to live.

"I am the good Shepherd. I know my sheep & my sheep listen to my voice. I know them & they follow me." 


No comments:

Post a Comment