Monday, July 19, 2010

Africa

After a very long thirty plus hours of travel, we have arrived in Ethiopia. We still have a ways to go until we reach Gulu but the energy here is already palpable. Its pretty much what I expected - dirty, rundown, undeveloped - & yet incredibly full of hope. Brooke's words keep ringing in my mind... a picture of my heart tied to Uganda with a beautiful bow. When will I see that? When will that revelation come for me? Is my heart ready for that sort of attachment? Am I really ready to jump into this new relationship? What does this place hold for me? I don't want it to be just two weeks.  


I want my heart to be softened. I want to be moldable, flexible, ready to feel the Spirit stirring. I have been brought here with purpose and I don't want to miss the big picture because I am so focused on the darkness. He gives light where there is none, He gives beauty in the ashes.

I'm trying to tune in to the African culture, so as not to miss the beauty. My heart is naturally cynical, naturally a little negative. I want to see the Lord's hope and optimism in this land where things seem dreary and bleak. 
I have nothing to offer these people on my own. I feel unprepared. Inadequate. I want His eyes. I long for revelation! To put off all that is me, this harshness and sharpness, put on all that is Him, a heart of openness, compassion, joy, and grace. Let me love as He loves. Let me be a voice of encouragement. May the eyes of my heart be enlightened. 

He is Holy! His purposes, not ours. Let us trust the immeasurable greatness. The power of Christ in us as heirs. Let us not doubt that power - let us call for angels and miracles. Let us trust that you are big enough. Let us demand the mountains to move in the name of Jesus! All for your glory! All that they may know you are God! 

Luke 12:48 "From everyone who has been given much, much will be required, and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked."

2 Cor. 3:5 "Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God, who has made us competent."


No comments:

Post a Comment