Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sisters

Last night, I had dinner with seven of my closest girl friends to celebrate my birthday. Reflecting on the past year - the peaks, the valleys, and the chaos in between - I am certain I would not still be standing without these women walking beside me. All of the moments when I ran out of strength, they were the arms that held me up. They formed the wall I could lean back on when I wanted to lay down and give up. 
I'm privileged to call each one a sister. This is what community is all about. God is so good.
Beyond grateful. 
Brooke was apparently slow getting her ice cream & missed the picture but, rest assured, she was there. 

Ex 17:20 - "When Moses' hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up-- one on one side, one on the other --so that his hands remained steady till sunset."

No comments:

Post a Comment