Tuesday, May 8, 2012

New York

I spent this last weekend in one of my favorite cities in the world, with two of my favorite people in the world, and it was glorious. When I was here for my break in March, I needed to blow off steam, I needed to go dancing til 3 am, I needed to sing Whitney (RIP) and Mariah duets at a shady country bar. I needed to laugh so hard my abs would hurt for days. & trust me, they did. It was the perfect distraction from school & the minutia of Nashville.

This time I needed rest. I needed to sleep until 11am. I needed a picnic in central park. I needed to see Newsies (I may not have "needed" Newsies but I loved it!) I needed the type of deep comfort and familiarity that only family brings. And these two are family.

I've only known Christopher since March, but from the moment I met him, I adored him. He has a heart of gold and an ear for great music. Good gracious, I am head over heels. He has established a permanent spot in my heart. He has become family.








And then of course, there's Bradford. I'm not sure anyone else gets me quite like that boy. Soulmates through and through. We may not see each other for years at a time, but when we do, its as if only minutes have passed. We catch up right where we left off and drive everyone around us insane with our inside jokes and nonstop ridiculousness. Needless to say, he holds a huge piece of my heart. He has always been family. 


Family love is unconditional. It sees the faults and chooses to love anyways. Its those people who know what you're thinking without words, those who pick up your load when you are beyond exhausted, those who fight for you and believe in you. They are the ones who celebrate your birthday a month and a half early just because. They are the ones who make sure the birthday dessert at the restaurant is dairy free. I came home well rested because I had been with family. New York is lucky to have these two. & so am I. 


1 Cor 13:13 "So now these three remain: faith, hope, and love; 
but the greatest of these is love."


No comments:

Post a Comment