Sunday, February 6, 2011

Rain

And for the first time in what seems like an eternity, I sat still and listened. The rain pouring down outside, nothing but the sound of the water. No cars, no street noise, no television, no internet, no music, no voices. Just the rain. Louder with each drop. In the silence, it is soaking into me. My soul longs for a pouring in. My heart aches to be nourished and renewed. I am thirsty. The sweet melody as it comes down, the rhythm like a lullaby. My cup is dry, every bone is weary. I need the Spirit to pour over me. I want to be rained on and filled. Psalm 42:2 - "My soul thirsts for God, for the living God."

Here I am, on my knees
Rain pouring down, fighting to believe
That somehow this is your best for me.
This is your best for me.

It seems my eyes have looked away
My faith is shaky, prone to stray
and I don't even have the words to pray.
Tell me the words to pray.

My heart is thirsty, my cup is dry
My mind's grown weary of whens and whys
and I'm needing to hear your lullaby.
Sing me your lullaby.

No comments:

Post a Comment